31 March 2012

Skirt tutorial - remake a wide & long skirt into thinner & shorter skirt!

I  kept myself busy with remaking this never worn skirt last weekend. I think I got it as a present few years ago. I don't remember from who eerrrrrrrrrr...but it was somebody who thought I am much taller and wider! I didn't want to bin it so I kept it for a couple of years in my wardrobe. I owe few pieces like this skirt which are only hanging  there waiting for their time to show up and be wore... Well, this skirt wishes have just came true! 



Instructions:

1. Turn the skirt inside out and put it on. Mark the skirt with a chalk or insert pins vertically along the sides. Adjust both sides equally to the desired tightness. In this case I marked skirts 1 inch from each side. 

2. Ensure the skirt fits your hips and belt comfortably. Hold the skirt tight and sit down. Ensure that you can sit comfortably. 

2. Sew along each side edge.  Remove pins as you sew! 

3. Cut the extra length off of the sides and bottom and then re-hem. 

5 comments:

  1. waw, perfect idea and job too :)
    and this skirt i want to wear!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, it looks better without the wide belt loops that it originally had. I'd much rather reconstruct an article of clothing instead of ignoring it in my closet as well. Kudos to you on your sewing skills.

    http://stephmakingfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank to all of you for lovely comments! You keep me motivated to do more projects like this one! :)

    ReplyDelete