02 September 2010

Carrot bread*

What became very popular in our house is Banana bread. I use to bake this bread for my boyfriend who loves it. I wanted to make something different last week but I also wanted to reach the same success.. So after a while of wondering and checking what can I use from the fridge.. (..heh) I decided to make the Carrot bread. I have never done this before but after tasting one bit I realized it is so tasty. The interesting part is that while those pretty orange flecks of grated carrot give the cake colour and texture, along with sweetness and moisture, its flavour is so refreshing and delicious. It is very light and you can eat as many pieces as you want!! :)


What do you need?

200 g raw grated carrot
125 g butter
100 g sugar
2 tea spoon of vanilla sugar
150 g self-raising flour
3 middle-sized eggs
100 g grated chocolate

If you like cinnamon you can also add 1 tea spoon of cinnamon. The bread will smell gorgeously!!

What next?
Cream the sugar and butter in a medium bowl with electric mixer (cca 5min). Add the eggs and mix well. Putt the flour inside the bowl slowly. Make sure all is mixed well. Stir the carrot, chocolate, cinnamon and salt. Add the vanilla and stir.

Butter bread form and put the mixture inside. Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for cca 45 min. until lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool down and sprinkle it with sugar on the top. Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment